O Ribeiro Tour
From 45€ per person
Chosing this route, means to understand first hand how life is in one of the wine areas par excellence in Galicia. It includes several hiking paths alongside those forest following the banks of Minho river. We will visit vineyards and cellars (wine tasting included), we will navigate the Minho aboard the catamaran during summer time, will visit the hot thermal springs the rest of the year, and will discover the jewish town of Ribadavia.
Leaving on the van, from Ourense, Ribadavia, Santiago or Vigo (for other alternatives, please check with us), we will start the day with a hiking route next to the river, which will lead us into the small village of Pazos de Arenteiro.
Right after the hike, we will approach Castrelo de Minho’s damm, where we will visit a traditional cellar, walk across the vineyards and taste the well known Ribeiro wines. And if those wines were not to be enough, we will get on board the catamaran to sail along the Minho, the main river of Galicia, during the summer time, while enjoying a delicious picnic to recharge energies.
To finish the day, we will visit the jewish quarter in Ribadavia.
Place to visit:
- Pazos de Arenteiro. Starting the morning strolling alongside Arenteiro river, on our way to one of the best kept and more charming villages in Ourense.
- Minho river catamaran. We will sail around Castrelo de Minho´s damm, between Castrelo and the neighboring village of Laias, while listening to good music and enjoying picnic with delightful local products. Available from June to September.
- Wine cellar with certificate of origin O Ribeiro. Right after our boat trip, we will head to a trditional cellar with certificate of Origin O Ribeiro, in order to get to know first hand, the wine making process and try one of the best White wines in Galicia.
- Jewish town of Ribadavia. Located at the Banks of Avia river, Ribadavia is a town with a jewish past, which still preserves its truly essence. We will get deep into its streets full of terraces decorated with flowers and will stop by one sefardí bakehouse to taste some jewish candy.
- Tour Type: Van tour for 8 people + walking route +catamaran on the Minho river
- Difficulty: Low
- Duration: Departures at 8:30 depending on the origen, and for 8 hours
- Includes: Insurance, transportation from pick up to destination and back, hiking routes, guide, picnic.
- Do not include: Catamaran fee (10€), Prexigueiro Hot Springs entrance fee (5,5€) meals and drinks other than the picnic.
FEES AND PICK UP LOCATIONS
- Departing from: Vigo, Santiago, Ourense and Ribadavia
- Fee from Vigo or Santiago: 60€/per person
- Fee from Ourense or Ribadavia: 45€/per person
- Minimum group: 4 people
- Reduced fee for groups
- Other pick up locations, please, check it out whith us.